If you’ve ever looked at the LCD on your expensive, new camera like, “I wish I knew how to use this thing better,” keep reading.
Imagine creating a photo that takes you back to those favorite moments with your children that seemed like yesterday.
These are the photos that are on my walls and it feels amazing to glance at my favorite memories daily. I want to teach you how to create photos that you’re proud to hang in your home!
I will help train your eyes to become like little shutters and make you more confident in using your DSLR, or even your camera phone, so you can quickly execute that shot to remember when in the moment.
What these 2 hour workshops are about:
- Easy to implement today topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture - all things you can do without camera knowledge to improve your photos fast
- Basic Gear - what’s out there, what’s affordable
- Why shoot in manual mode? Brief explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO
- Overcoming, ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ Taking candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story.
- Approx 30 minutes of shooting practice and Q & A
- 8-10 ladies max to allow for ample time for each individual. This class is paired best with your bestie & a good bottle of vino or mimosas.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding in how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
What this class isn’t:
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. We will not discuss professional photography vendors for print products.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. I recommend a one-on-one mentoring session with me for editing help.
- This workshop does not cover posing or prop/backdrop set ups. I shoot very candid, documentary story-telling images, so that is what’s taught.
- New friendships with other area photography enthusiasts
- Invitation to private Facebook group for Workshop Attendees for support, questions, & to post photos showing what you’ve learned!
- BONUS MATERIAL: 3 Week Photography Challenge where I critique your images ($250 value)
What to Bring:
- Your camera (while a DSLR is not required, I recommend a camera with manual settings), a notebook/pen, a positive attitude
- Your camera manual
Cancellation Policy: Seats are non-refundable, however, you may transfer your seat to someone else should you end up being unable to attend.